Wednesday, August 10, 2016

IKEA standing desk

Standing desk from IKEA hack.


Boom.  No Ekby brackets or extra shelf used, but I do have some 50 cent brackets and an unused shelf from Home Depot if I decide to add some space.  Perhaps a hanging shelf underneath for pens.

Update: To get my elbows typing at closer to ninety degrees, added some Ekby brackets (fifty cents a piece) with a shelf cut from a board I bought from Home Depot almost a year ago that had been leaning against the wall in the garage.  Screws were random ones in a drawer in the garage and keyboard/mouse were given to me eleven years ago for free.




I roughly sanded the board with 60 grit and then 280 grit and rubbed some coconut oil on it.  I basically put coconut oil on any wood product or human skin I find lying around.

No comments:

Post a Comment