Sunday, April 17, 2016

17 April 2016

Since coming to Florida, I've been frequently thinking about what kind of survival/everyday carry (EDC)/bug out/holy-crap-here-comes-a-Hurricane kit or bag we should  have on hand.  If you haven't heard the acronym before, it means the essential tools you have on hand with you everyday, whether in pants pockets, a fanny pack or backpack, that help you get your "job" done.

Search the interwebs for EDC or survival and you'll find a spectrum ranging from "with this pack I can live in the woods for 72 hours" to "the Lord told me the end times are coming."  Basically, I want to have a bag in my car, a bag in my minivan and something else that I can take with me.  I'm not sure I want to spend hundreds of dollars on tactical gear.

Wow...these guys are serious.
I'd rather spend a few bucks on some decent sets of tools at the latest "sale" at Harbor Freight.  Thankfully, there's this:



...but most of my time is spent folding laundry and doing dishes.



Now that that's over with, time to read Warren Ellis.


No comments:

Post a Comment