Sunday, April 3, 2016

3 April 2016

I completed the fifth assignment for my Project Management class today.  Only have the project paper to write by the twenty fifth of the month.  The paper had us review project management maturity models, with a push towards using the Project Management Institute's OPM3 model.  The literature on this was interesting as OPM3 has negative criticism due to its proprietary and closed nature.  It is currently under revision, but seems like it would be hard to get your company assessed under this model.

There are open source maturity models which I find more interesting than a proprietary model.  As I type this, I am using a Dell Inspiron 1720 with a broken backspace key and Lubuntu 15.10 installed.  I am reminded of Revolution OS, which interviewed several patriarchs of the open source community.

There: knocked posting to this old blog off my weekly to-do.



I've been inside too long and need to go chop wood

No comments:

Post a Comment