Sunday, April 24, 2016

24 April 2016



This week I finished my physical therapy for my golfer's elbow aka epicondylitis aka manual coffee grinder-itis.  I injured myself either from: too many pushes, using a handheld manual coffee grinder since November with a weakened grip (no deadlift due to broken knee) or a new shoulder press form from Mark Rippetoe.  Hopefully I'm not too broken now and can continue to strengthen all the little connecting muscles in my forearms.

Last week also entailed a short course on continuous process improvement (CPI) aka Lean aka AFSO21 aka Total Quality Management (TQM) aka Edward Deming and Juran are alive and well.  Had the pleasure of visiting a local Trane factory and see how their CPI focused first on their associates and the ergonomics of how they worked.  Most of their employees were against improvement and assumed that it meant layoffs.  They actually hoped to hire more people and have a small team that hacks together new equipment from their scrap heap.

Now, time for GoT.  Hopefully, R+L=J.

No comments:

Post a Comment