Monday, June 13, 2016

13 June 2016



Been thinking  more about brewing mead again, after a year long hiatus.  The last batch that I bottled was last Father's Day, June 9th, 2015.  A guy at work is taking orders to purchase some bulk honey so I told him I am interested in two gallons, which equates to about 24 pounds.  He said the honey in season currently is popcorn honey, which I assume tastes like salted Crisco, with some high fructose corn syrup in there.  Ricky (see above) is a mazer who owns Groenfell Meadery in way, way north Vermont.  I really want to visit there one of these days while I am visiting upstate New York, but for now I suffice with upvoting his YouTube videos and laughing at his jokes about questions.

Finally, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/mead for more pictures of current meads, braggots, cysers, acerglyns and melomels!

No comments:

Post a Comment