Tuesday, June 28, 2016

28 June 2016

If you've ever wanted a chance to cut yourself in small, painful, burning ways, shaving with a safety razor is a way to do just that, and psychologically connect with your forefathers.  I had been thinking about an alternative (or supplement) to the Mach 3 for a while, after reading about how using a safety razor would save me money, save me time and increase my testosterone.  I found a razor with five blades and a soap kit for around twenty bucks at the grocery store on Saturday.  Sunday night I had a decent redneck beard going, so was able to put the tool to the test.

...okay when I searched "you might be a redneck three day beard" I found this hilarious gentlemen:


He gives a just-under-two-minute refutation of the case against gender neutral bathrooms, nothing to do with safety razors (not that he uses one...).  He makes some interesting points and his accent is pretty funny.  Honestly, I never see anyone's parts in a public bathroom but my own, so it's hard not to agree with him.

...here's the razor and kit I bought:

 
So if you have an inkling, go get yourself a Van Der Hagen Traditional Safety Razor set, with an authentic boar bristle brush, soap bar and bowl.  Be warned of the following:

  1. Keep the razors out of reach of your kids.
  2. Keep the soap out of reach of your kids.
  3. Keep the bowl and brush out of reach of your kids.
  4. Your shave time will increase about twenty times.  When I shave my upper lip, I had to just use the tip and shaved about two hairs per stroke.

Anyway, I hear the blades last forever so no need to join a shave club.

No comments:

Post a Comment