Saturday, July 2, 2016

2 July 2016


I learned today that going boating means changing out rusted lug nuts and replacing the flat tire on a trailer first.  Thankfully, we had Raid, which must be a first cousin once removed to WD-40 and helped loosen the rusted bolts.  After we got going, we went fishing, which could also be described as throwing shrimp lures into the water while conversing about errata.


That shiny should means I am now pink all over and ready for bed.  Since it was lunch time, we did stop at a local restaurant and dined on salmon, broccoli, mashed potatoes and soup and salad.  The best thing about keto is drowning your plate in butter and cheese.

 

Now I am tired and ready for a bath of vinegar, lavender oil and epsom salts and more wholesome television.

For dessert I attempted a chocolate coconut mousse, but my version is definitely not keto.  I am using up random ingredients I have on hand, which means I used liquid coconut milk, powdered coconut milk, heavy cream, Dannon whole milk yogurt, real sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, baking chocolate, shredded coconut, cocoa powder, frozen cherries and half a packet of French Vanilla jello.  Blended everything but the jello and put it in a round casserole dish and put it in the freezer.  I threw the jello powder in after thinking the thing wouldn't set.  It's been in the freezer for just under an hour now, so we'll see how it tastes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment