Monday, July 25, 2016

25 July 2016

Everyday carry forums are full of men espousing the virtues of one tactical backpack over another.  Many of these gentlemen (and I use that term loosely...) allegedly use their packs for carrying tools, photography equipment or medical supplies to support their job or very serious hobby.  Today was one of the days in which I got sucked into "must search edcforums.com to determine if the particular black backpack I currently own is good enough" mode.  Day to day, I carry gym shorts, a gym shirt, a pair of VFFs (the pair I actually have is discontinued and was on sale last year for $35), a change of underwear, a notebook, a speedrope, earbuds and too many cheap pens.




Do I need a 5.11 Tactical Hazardous Materials Manly Masculine Musculature (Hmmmm?) bag?  No, but reading blogs about what tools I carry in my bugout, EDC or 72 hour bag makes me feel masculine and organized.  Buying these expensive bags would be purchasing feelings.  So instead I bought a small black flashlight at Wal-Mart for $3.97.

No comments:

Post a Comment