Thursday, July 21, 2016

21 July 2016


"I've begun to realize that you can listen to silence and learn from it. It has a quality and a dimension all its own.”
Chaim Potok, The Chosen

Last night I went out to a local Irish Pub for trivia night.  I didn't know if anyone else I knew would be there, but figured I would just sidle up to an established team and join theirs.  Much to my surprise, there was a table of fourteen people who I knew, so I joined their table.

Earlier in the evening, I made a half-hearted attempt to notify my coworkers of the event, but it was while everyone was leaving to go home and no one paid me any mind.  

Here's what I learned:
  1. I was the only one at the bar who knew that the Marshall Tucker Band sang "Heard it in a Love Song"
  2. The Kings sang "You Really Got Me" in 1964
  3. Dollar Tree recently bought Family Dollar
  4. Oxygen (atomic number 8) is the first single vowel element in the periodic table
  5. Michael Faraday's electromagnetic research led to the principle of induction and cages to contain radio frequency wave propagation
Tonight I gave in and ate almost a whole meat lovers pizza myself.  

No comments:

Post a Comment